May 11, 2011

Still nervous about this

So, I got some good reviews of the first page (sans the last line) of this thing I'm writing so I'm posting a little more. I don't think I'll post this sequentially any more. I think I'll just post parts as I come to them. Also, I kind of want this thing to be published some day and if I post it all on here, there will be no point to buying the book so...yeah. Here we go...again...Still terrified. haha

It was hot. Scout reached up to wipe the sweat off his forehead that he wasn't quite sure was there or not.
"What a day to wear a polyester tent." he thought as he readjusted the brilliant blue fabric draped around him. His cardboard hat sat awkwardly on his head as it did for everyone else in his graduating class. And  like everyone else, he was growing increasingly bored listening to the vice principal list off the various do's and don'ts  of appropriate behavior for the impending graduation ceremony.
"Why do we even need a dress rehearsal? It's not like wearing this stupid thing changes the way I walk." Scout whispered to Alison Thyme sitting beside him. She completely ignored him and continued to text her best friend sitting three rows ahead of them. Scout sighed, adjusted his robe again, and slouched in his chair.
"What's the point of being funny if no one listens?" he muttered.
"Oh, I heard you," Alison replied without looking up from her phone, "I just don't think you're funny."
"Whatever, Alison. Go back to texting your lesbian lover." The heat was making Scout cranky.  After reading the rules, Vice Principal DaMarco began reading the names of every one of Scout's classmates. Knowing this was going to take another two hours, Scout groaned loudly and continued to slouch and ignore the world except for the first, 19th, and 23rd names. These were his best friends: Mena, Greg and Catherine.


This is terrible. Like for real terrible. Also, boring. So I'm sorry you read it but it's what I have and people have been asking for more so there you go. Bam.

No comments:

Post a Comment