October 23, 2010

Hair

For a long time now, I've taken risks with my hair. Changed it frequently, crazy colors, weird cuts. Some of them worked out and some of them were just ugly. But now that I'm 22 and looking for a real job (aka one that pays a salary and not just an hourly wage) I find myself stuck with what I like to call "boring hair."


And to be honest, it's not boring. It's actually pretty cute. But there's no fun color, nothing interesting about the cut. It's just kind of generic.

So I guess my question is: how do I still maintain my individuality with my hair but still look professional? Should I stick to natural tones but extremes of them (e.g. fire engine red and bleach blonde highlights?) Or should I play with the cut and shave something unique into my hair?

Or should I just accept defeat and stick with normal, professional hair?

Back in the day, I had long, beautiful hair. And it really was beautiful. I loved having long hair. It really did make me feel pretty. But eventually I grew tired of the maintenance and product and all of that and cut it all off. And after seeing old pictures of my hair, I'm really regretting cutting it...

Ah, well, as I always say: hair grows back. I'm not going to worry about how my hair is cut or anything like that. It'll grow out, it'll change color. It's just what my hair does. But the question is: where will it go next?

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment