November 19, 2010

Getting Dressed

Like any homo worth his salt, it takes me FOREVER to decide what to wear when I'm aiming to look cute. Granted, sometimes, I can get ready in five minutes or less but that's usually when I don't feel like trying and have resorted to literally throwing things on and hoping they land on the correct body parts.

However, recently I've noticed that it takes me a lot longer to get ready when I'm going out. Today I pondered on this fact for a while (also while staring at my closet trying to imagine each and every option for an outfit that I own.) And the only reasoning I can come up with is that I so rarely wear real clothes nowadays. I wake up (usually in my underwear) and put on my work uniform. After work, I come home and put on sweats until about 10pm where I strip down to my undies and get ready for bed. I'm either sporting a red polo and black slacks or my sweatpants. The opportunity to wear jeans and a t-shirt or a cute sweater or some amazing layering or even my tennis shoes comes so rarely that when I DO have the opportunity, I find myself overwhelmed with the possibilities.

I'm finding that I'm starting to wear the same 4 shirts when I go out. I mean, it makes sense; they're soft, adorable on me, current, and I make them look pretty effortless. But I can't keep wearing these same 4 shirts! I mean, sure I can mix up the colors but it's basically the same outfit and I'm fairly certain that my friends will see right through that. I only hang out with TWO people in this town and they can't keep seeing me in the same stuff all the time. So here I stand, staring blankly at my closet, imagining every piece of clothing I own on my body, trying to come up with a new outfit that no one's seen me in before. Being a homosexual is exhausting sometimes...

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment