January 3, 2012

Day 3

Today's desk:


Today's completed challenge:



So today we had to make something out of paper. On my first try, I thought about making a bow tie out of a paper bag. After a few attempts and lots of tape, I got frustrated and ripped it to shreds. It was just nearly impossible to tie without tearing. Also, I don't know if you know this, but paper does not slide against itself. It does not bounce back, it does not fold easily. So yeah. I got frustrated and gave up for a few hours.

I came back and was talking with S about paying rent. We were trying to schedule our day so that we could both get everything done that we needed to get done. She asked me, "Well, what do you have to do today?" and I responded, "I have to write in my blog, read for two more hours, go for a walk, pay rent and make something out of paper....wait, MONEY! It's paper!" and I ran off to make my money origami. I can't really remember when I learned how to do this...or why. But I remember that I was a child around the age of 11. I remember thinking that it was the coolest thing I had ever learned and pretty much folded all of the paper money in the house into little bow ties. My parents were not impressed. I'm certain my mother had half a mind to make me iron all of the money in the house after I had "wrinkled and crinkled all of them," as she put it.

I'm not really sure what it is about bow ties that have suddenly drawn my eye. But I've found that I think they're cute and rarely worn, hence why I've decided to start a trend of bow ties and t-shirts. I don't care what anyone says, I'm doing it. I think it's cute. I'm wearing a bow tie presently. Anyway, so I took my little bow tie money and taped it to my monitor so now, my desk is dressed for ever occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment