January 7, 2012

Day 7

Today's desk:


Today's completed challenge:


Today I had to make a stencil for my inspiration. So, I thought about all of my favorite graffiti artists and what they used for their stencils. It all kind of came to me at once. I realized that they all say what they've always wanted to say in the clearest, most concise manner possible. So I thought: "What is it that I've wanted to say to everyone for a long time.....be a hipster."

And honestly? Why not. Just do it. Seriously. It's fun! You don't have to care about anything or worry about being uncool because you just pretend like everyone else around you is the most uncool, thus making you the cool one. You can like strange things and no one cares. Everything you find is art, a photoshoot or some sort of lost treasure. It's amazing to be a hipster. I really think that "hipster" is just secret code for "just act like yourself."


Well, maybe it's not. I mean, it's entirely possible that I am just a hipster at heart. So I embrace my hipsterhood. I pick out clothes based on hipsterness and how many times I've seen it before. I decorate my universe with a hodgepodge of things that don't really make sense but it doesn't really matter because all of it is "soooo me." At least according to my Heathers, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment