January 9, 2012

Day 8

Today's desk:

Today's completed challenge:



Today my prompts told me to take an old book and change it by cutting, gluing, taping, etc. Anyone that knows me that there's NO WAY I could do that. I considered turning a book into a hide-away-box but 1) that takes forever to do. Trust me, I know, I've looked. And 2) HOW COULD I CHOOSE WHICH ONE OF MY BOOKS TO MAIM!? So ridiculous and yet, so true. I really could not choose. I don't even think if I went out and bought a book just for today's project, I could sit down and destroy it. I mean seriously, I'd rather read Twilight than destroy it. I just can't do it, I'm sorry.

So, I took an oath. In front of all of you and on my desk to forever remind me that I....will never destroy a book. It's cheesy and lame and silly and written at 1:30 AM but it's true. I will never destroy a book to the point that the story can  no longer be read.


Now, don't get me wrong. I was pretty close to buying a copy of Pride and Prejudice and hiding some dog treats in it so my dogs would destroy it for me. But then I thought, "No....because no matter how much my enemy hates me, I'd never want my books destroyed." I'm so fucking benevolent sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you in general, that I would not destroy a book. However, people have sometimes given me a book that I find offensive and I got rid of it when they were not around. Didn't destroy it, just made it disappear.

    ReplyDelete